Friday, March 21, 2008

The Greatest $50 Investment


A birthday wish goes out to my first boy. This boy was born 3 years ago at a little farm house in Heber City, Utah. Your daddy and I saw your ad in the paper and knew we had to drive out to come meet you. And to think those crazy farm fools would put a price of only $50.00 on you? Yeah yeah, they didn't have your mommy's hip x-rays and your grandpa wasn't a world class show dog and your uncle didn't win first place in some bird hunt contest. Who cares. So you may have a little hip displasia but nothin a little medication can't take care of. We LOVE you SO SO SO much and seriously cannot imagine our life without our first best friend that Erik and I made together. Not to mention Kimball's first best friend. Thanks for bringing so much joy and countless great memories to our family! You have been worth every hair that clogs up my Dyson and even the occasional ones that I have picked out of Kimball's diaper or off his butt ;) Happy Birthday Nanters!

4 comments:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

I second that. Happy birthday Nantou! I love your fuzzy guts.

Becky said...

I second that as well! Labs are man's true best friend! He and Apollo need a play date. (Don't I feel dumb now that Apollo's mom was conceived by frozen sperm and his grandpa was a world champion! And I paid $500! It was the hip scare that made me do it.)

David J said...

I don't agree with you on the greatness of labs, but I do agree with you on the awesomeness of dog companionship! Whenever Isabela is not near my feet at home, I feel like something is missing.

I'm so glad you've got Nantou.

Incidentally, Denise, I finally finished the Box Y video, and will be sending it out to you soon. There's some funny footage of Nantou in it - when he swims, he sticks his head so far out of the water. You can hear Keith laughing and yelling at the dog the whole time. You'll love it. Oh, and the battery died halfway through the talent show... sorry.

Becky said...

I just realized that Nantou and I have the same birthday! YEAH!