Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Richards Hall Classic 96-97

Okay, for the 15 or so people viewed in this picture, I totally know that you are having as massive a flood of memories as I did when Kevin just sent me this via e-mail. I was dying!!! How can one forget Stone and his famous postal jeep that cruised the campus? We even took this jeep up skiing in the middle of the night! This picture was taken 12 years ago and it seems like just yesterday!!! I had to laugh at my many observations. First, I had to give Kev a hard time for the tie dye shirt, seriously, since when was he a hippie? And my yellow hair? Awesome! Or could it be the fact that half of us were barefoot and the other half in boxer shorts! I'm really hoping this was taken on a sat. morning when some were still in pj's. I know it's Utah State so anything goes, but I promise we did wear shoes to class, then again, probably not Scott. Cheers to the Richards Crew from 96-97 and to the memories of Stone and his postal jeep!

11 comments:

Hartley Family said...

Ohhh- I am totally laughing right now! That is so funny!!! It does seem like it was just yesterday. And- although I was a 'Valley View Tower' girl myself, somehow I ended up in the picture. I feel honored. Oh- but if you don't recognize me, it's because I kind of look like a boy with a baseball hat on, next to Les.

Anonymous said...

In case you forgot, the bumper sticker read...
"I got this truck for my wife, good trade huh."
Those were some fun times

Sunny said...

Go Aggies!!! I can't beleive how much the styles have changed. Scary! That was the year I lived in Pineview. I think I averaged about 4 hours of sleep each night that year.

Kate, Brian and Hazel said...

Is this for real? I love how posed it is, reminds me of a sitcom from the 90's. Stone...what a pimp!

Mark and Robyn Family said...

Wow! Seriously please say this was taken on a Saturday morning. I love this picture. It a great reminder of some great people from the freshman year!
Robyn

Martineau Family said...

Seriously....WOW!! What a trip! I think it's funny how I was dating Scott at the time and yet he's sitting by himself and I've got my arms around Kevin??? What? Thanks for a good laugh and a great reminder of how awesome that year was.

Jessica said...

You hung out with all the good kids who seemed to live on the lower half. I on the other hand hung out with weed smoking, benadryl pounding, crazy kids on the upper half. But I see some familiar faces. Is that courtney on the far right?

I LOVED Richards! Oh, some days I miss it a lot! Such good times, that my kids will NEVER know of!!!

Even if the picture was taken on a Saturday, that is total weekday attire at USU.

Denise said...

Jess, I think Sarah is right there with you! ha ha ha. Yes, that is Court on the far right, she commented up above but you probably didn't recognize that her last name now is Marineau.

Leslie and Dave said...

I am dying! What was I thinking with the plaid boxers and t-shirt and seriously my hair?! The funny things is we thought we were so cool. And 12 years ago, it seems like just yesterday. I love it. We need to USU reunion.

Becky said...

Oh.. the memories of USU. I should post a pic of my Survival Group!

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't have to live with the RA. Apparently my application foretold a little too much about my past that I needed a little more parental guidance.