Saturday, November 3, 2007

1 point for SLC

Guess what? We have a Cheesecake Factory here in SLC now! Next to Nordi's at Fashion Place for any locals who may be wondering. So when Erik asked where I wanted to go to dinner for my birthday, I thought it would be fun to go there since it was their opening day. The doors opened at 5pm and I figured there would probably be a line outside. So, we got there about 4:15 or so and were laughing that the line was already around the side of the building. Erik encouraged me to go cruise the mall while he waited, the selfish side of me agreed that would be a great idea. When I came back, I was just laughing so hard b/c he really was quite embarrassed to be "that guy" that's waiting in line for a restaurant grand opening. Apparently this lady a few people in front of him in line was going off for 20 minutes "educating" everyone on all the right cheesecakes and entrees b/c she frequents the CF all the time in Cali or Vegas or wherever. She was driving him nuts as it reminded him how silly it was to be waiting in the cold amongst all these restaurant die hards. Anyhow, he was so cute and patient I just had to take a picture to embarrass him a little. If you squint he's right there in the middle.

We had a great time and topped it off with Dulce de Leche cheesecake, a definite great pick, and it didn't come recommended from the annoying lady in the fuzzy boots.

And this, you just can't afford not to click on.

Could anything be sweeter? Seriously. I cannot believe my not so baby anymore baby is talking, time indeed flies...

3 comments:

Hartley Family said...

Okay- that video almost brought tears to my eyes. It's so cute. His sweet little voice is just tender! It's so strange that they just suddenly start to talk! Weird. I LOVE his halloween costumes, by the way! You crack me up!

k8 said...

denise!!! it's your old roommate katie! i was blog hopping and found you guys. your little guy could NOT be cuter!!! we need to catch up!

Barbie said...

Okay Denise, I really have been a jerk of a friend, but I have kept distant contact through your blog, which I have enjoyed reading immensely. I love your writing! So we find out what we're having tomorrow and I'll be in touch. We'll have to get together for a play date soon. I'm nice and round now. Wish I could say I heard Kimball in that video but our sound isn't working right now dang it!! Will check back when it is. Talk to you soon.