Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Crossbows & Catapults


"They say" you can tell a difference between a boy and a man by the price of his toys. Well clearly, Erik is a young buck. He has been telling me about Crossbows & Catapults (which has been given a new name titled "Battleground") since we met. It was a childhood favorite of his. Apparently he has been looking for it for like 15 years or something and this game quest has been a bigger deal than I realized. We were wandering around Toys R Us on Saturday night trying to find some cool toys for Kimball and as we were leaving, Erik started running to a display across the room. There on this bottom shelf lay 2 boxes of good ole C&C. He had to buy both (as one was the accessory kit where you could add even cooler weapons) and ensured me that this would be the best investment yet in our marriage if I would only trust him. I looked at the box and felt so unexcited but agreed he should buy it. Well, let's just say we've played it every night since and are really getting into it. We don't even talk the whole time, we just make noises of excitement or disappointment depending on whether or not we are killing off our opponent's battlefield. Yeah, we are pretty much like 2 seven year old boys. The boys across the street are already begging their mom to get it for them for Christmas and looks like my brother and cousin will soon be making the purchase themselves, 3 groups of knights and 3 groups of orcs would make quite a battlground! In all consideration I view this as incredible broken ground. I LIVE for boardgames and Erik despises them and always cheats or tweeks the game to make the other guys laugh and get the girls frustrated. So finally, we have found a boardgame other than chess that we both love! If you play, you too will be addicted!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

WE bought it today and played it tonight. Mike won, but it was a close one. It's really fun! We're going to take you two down somtime!!

Melissa said...

Mikes brother has it and made us play one night. I rolled my eyes and agreed to play then soon found myself asking to play another round!

Dixons said...

Do you guys play Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride? Those are a couple of our favorites. Maybe this would be a good Christmas gift? I'm intrigued. Hm....
Tell Erik that Becky Yurko has done a couple of Ironman's. That girl is insane! I guess working for the secret service she might get paid to workout, so that makes me feel a little better....