Saturday, February 23, 2008

What's your Easter vice?

Yep, that's them, you know the ones. Those darn Cadbury chocolate mini eggs. If for some horribly under privileged and really sad reason you have never tried these, DON'T!! They will take you under by the mouthful. Something about that candy shell, and the chocolate they use, the way it kind of crunches open and then melts in your mouth, I swear it's better than Swiss chocolate! And it's so weird that the very same company is still selling those Cadbury yolk eggs which I practically barf at the sight of, they sting my throat. Anyhow, it totally infuriates me that these are sold everywhere over a month away from Easter. I know that's how it always is but with how often I go to the grocery store, that is putting myself up against serious torture. In past years, I'd just buy 'em up, no problem. In fact I'd buy several extra bags and freeze them so I could continue to gorge on them after Easter when they were no longer being sold. That was the high metabolic me. I've noticed in my 30th year of life, I can't get away with this "hording sweets" practice as easily anymore. I don't think that mouthwatering sugar cookie bouquet from Cookies by Design that Kimball gave me for Valentines Day did anything good for this body. So, here I go again, trying to recreate the wheel at the gym. I've been getting back into a regular workout routine and what I hate most about it is watching on the machine how SLOWLY those calories burn away. You feel like you are going do die as you work so hard running, elliptical'ing, cycling, whatever, and then you just slowly watch it count, 5.........6.........7 calories and so forth. So my whole point to this is, now that I'm conscious of how hard I work to burn it, I can't help but just look at the calorie content for kicks on the back of this bag. Which I honestly NEVER normally do nor have I ever cared. Drum roll.... 190 calories = 12 mini eggs. Okay, any normal person could eat 12 of those things in less than a couple of minutes. They are addicting and before you know it, they are gone. 13 servings in a bag. 13 x 190.....2,470! There's a little thing to remember when you go to grab the bag. If you do grab, good for you and eat a few for me! As for me, I'll scurry past the seasonal aisle until it's Easter egg hunt prep time, then I'm a dead man!

13 comments:

Dani said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those eggs! They are very naughty! I too buy a few bags to have them for "later." And you're right, the calories take so long to start adding up on those darn machines! Why can't being fat be the way we're suppose to be! We could enjoy life so much more with all these treats!
Dani

Jessica said...

Whoa, I am glad I decided not to go down the easter isle the other day. I LOVE them too!

I have to have a magazine or towel to cover up the screen on the machine. It is more the minutes that seem to go by so slowly. And then at the end when you get the workout summary, I am like, dang, I only went two miles in 40 minutes and barely burned off half my lunch. If that!

Amber said...

How funny- my thoughts exactly as I passed them in the aisle today. I actually held a bag in my hands then thought better of it and put it back. Why do they have to be so good and yet so bad???
p.s. I think your earring fell out at my house.

Tiffany said...

Oh I am so addicted to the eggs as well. Forget "Holiday Season" it's Easter season when I pack on the pounds. Yes, I have already gone through 4 bags all by myself and yes I do notice the difference and Yes I have told myself that I CANNOT buy anymore for the season. I hate getting older and not having the metabolism that I use to take for granted. Good to know I'm not the only person out there that has a weakness for the Cadbury Mini Eggs! ;)

Hartley Family said...

Ohhh- I am SO with you. These eggs are my favorite treat in the whole world and I HAD to buy a pack tonight! But like you- I can't just eat a few, so I only bought the mini pack. YUMMY!

Mikell Stringham said...

OBSESSED with these little drops of candy covered, chocolate heaven (no lie - I'm eating them as I type). I love Easter time for this reason. I used to stock pile these to enjoy post April like a little squirrel getting ready for winter.

Got to your blog through Dree's. You and your cute family - love reading about your adventures!

I'm also out here in the blogosphere - link me baby!

Love ya!
Mikell

Tim * Krista said...

You are so funny. You are the only person I know who could live off a bag of cheetos (Big bag size) and chocolate and never gain a lb...I on the other hand even look at them and my butt grows wider!

My vice is the "Easter Mix" which includes my favorite Easter Candy Corns! Love them.

Sunny said...

I love those Da*& things.

Becky said...

Yep, Scott and I downed a package of Eggs this weekend on the plane to Phoenix!

Kari Howell said...

HA!! That is so funny, those are my FAVORITE EASTER treats. Granted I love the Cadbury Cream eggs as well, but those are definitely the best by a mile! Good thing I read your blog about these, I decided I couldn't buy them until at least March, but now I am going to TRY to stay away until Easter...maybe. I loved this post!

Leslie and Dave said...

I LOVE those things. You have to eat some for me, I don't think I will find any in France this year. And, since when are you one to count calories!? But I know what you mean about the slowing metabolism!

Dixons said...

AMEN, sista! And I love that they have similar ones at Christmas time. This time of year is dangerous for me! ;)

Denise said...

are you KIDDING me??? I have never seen or known about the Christmas ones, great!