Monday, December 17, 2007

Tea, anyone?

Just in search of a really good, satisfying tea. Sometimes before bed, I don't really feel like dessert, maybe because I have been gorging on all the crap my neighbors have been bringing by. But I just want a nice, solid tea that I can always count on and just haven't really found that one flavor or concoction that just hits the spot. In Taiwan all we ever drank was barley tea and flower tea, and oftentimes plain hot water. Even in the summer when the heat was blazing and humidity high, seemed like that was when people would serve it to you the most. As you had sweat dripping down your forehead and your limbs were all sticky, there would always be someone quick to help you "relax" with a fired up cup of something. Anyhow, I'm ready to get back in the swing of tea and I would love to get people's feedback on their personal favorites. And of course I need stay in the "herbal" genre I suppose. So please, share with me! Oh, and I thought these little pictures I found on google images were really funny. Do you ever just get so bored that you search totally random things in google images. I guess you have to be careful of distasteful stuff that can pop up but seriously, the most random teapots ever exist in this world. A toilet teapot, who knew? I may just have to look into the price on that for a chance at giving the world's best white elephant gift ever.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah a fellow tea drinker! I have kept it a bit on th hush b/c i feel so old. But it is actually not for grandma's anymore! My favorite place is the Tea Grotto. It is in SLC but well worth the visit. I would love to visit more often than i do but...
My favorites right now are the masla(black tea)with milk and honey ginseng Oolong, and the white pearls, (they look so cool), and oolongs. I have the chi and jasmine in the lose leaf right now and drink it every day. My brother is loving the Yerba Mate (think it is mango) i got him for his b-day. This one is not on the website.
Everytime i go in there the staff is so nice and helpful. Come to SLC one late afternoon after the husbands get home, and i will take you to the Grotto.
Oh, here is there website. http://www.tea-grotto.com
andcheck out the blog section for some ideas

Jessica said...

I was typing too fast. The masla and the gingseng are two different types if you didn't know. I leftt out the comma. duh, and i meant to take out the chi and jasmine. That would be the masla and white pearls. I need to go to sleep!

Denise said...

I would love to go there sometime, let's do it on a cold January evening!!

Jessica said...

Sounds good. Krista lives by me, so maybe she would like to join us

Tim * Krista said...

Ooh I would love to join you. Tea is my favorite! Let me know the time and place and I am there (or at least I will say I am and then not show up, as usual!).

Rani said...

Try Pomegranate tea, it's to die for!

Denise said...

sounds yummy, any specific brand Rani?

Rani said...

Bigelow's Pomegranate Pizazz (sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I kept forgetting to check mine.)