Friday, April 11, 2008

In awe of young talent

After being released from my call in the Young Women program at church last month, I will be honest to say that after 2+ years, I was able to take a small breather and relax from the job that had demanded so much energy, time, and attention from my life. This is not to say I haven't sorely missed spending time with the girls at least 2x a week but I am so grateful for the relationships I was able to develop with them and what bright and beautiful young girls they were/are. I am fortunate to have one as my neighbor who keeps me in the loop so I still get to see the girls quite often, going to their games, performances, etc.
This neighbor of mine is one person that I look up to so much. She has an incredibly fun energy about her. She has 5 brothers, all of whom are just as fantastic as her. Their family is from England, so their British accents and funny words are enough alone to entertain. But my friend Caroline has quite the singing talent for a 13 year old girl. I didn't realize her brother Talley who is just one year older (in the 9th grade) had it in him as well, we all just know he's a soccer stud. She and her bro were performing at a school awards assembly this morning and they did the song "Cinderella under my Umbrella" by Rihanna & Chris Brown. It was so unbelievable, I just don't understand how an 8th and 9th grader can exude so much confidence in front of such a massive crowd of peers. Had I known it would be so impressive, I would have taped it but luckily their mom did. I begged her to post it on youtube and she said she would so stay tuned for the cute performance, I will post it as soon as I get word...

2 comments:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

dude. right when i read that i thought, "I hope it's on youtube!" Post it when it's up!

Barbie said...

Yeah--I want to see it too! So Denise, lately Ethan has been saying "Temple! Temple!" all the time and I'm like, "Wow, I'm a good mom! He already wants to talk about the temple." Then he goes to the Christmas card of you guys (yes, it's still up) and I realize he's saying "Kimball! Kimball!" So you guys should come over soon. Ethan misses Kimball, seriously!