Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Weekend in Mendocino

After my sisters and I took our Mom to Vegas for her 65th birthday last year we decided this would become a yearly spring break tradition for the 4 of us girls. Except every year go somewhere new to retreat. This year my mom made the great choice of Mendocino, we stayed at a darling hotel called the Little River Inn right there on the northern Cal coast. A little cold and a little windy as expected, but beautiful and relaxing all the while. I also got to spend one super fun night out to dinner with some old high school friends but stupid me didn't take any pics, the memory will have to do!

A homemade seasaw! This thing was so much fun, it doesn't look all that tough but we were seriously launching each other, Lynette always seems to seek out the fun anywhere!







My 2 cute sisters, Deanna & Lynette













Dee & me








I thought this was a cute pic of my sisters helping Mom carefully walk down to the restaurant from the hotel. She crashed on her bike the first day when we had a little mishap on the Davis bike trail (long story involving aimless children selling magazines and big purple flowers) and consequently she really messed up her knee. She was a great sport to still even go to Mendocino because her knee was in a lot of pain. Good thing there was a fireplace in our room, she enjoyed getting her r&r from the warmth of the fire and a fabulous view of the ocean.

And to top off the trip, the handsome pilot on my Delta Skywest flight was Jess Hatcher! He is a friend from college who ended up marrying my friend Keri, what a small world!!! I felt like a lucky little kid with special privileges being invited into the cockpit!

Oh yeah, and April fools on the last post, duh! I wish I were April fools'ing about the size of my stomach but that is the truth, the cat is now officially out of the bag and I've got a long way to go!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That is such a great idea to take a trip every year! You have such a cute family! Congrats on the baby bump--can't wait to find out what it is!

Jessica said...

Cute sisters and mom. How did you realize Jess was your pilot?

Tim * Krista said...

You are such a doll Denise. I seriously cannot believe that you are already showing, considering with Kimball you didn't show until he was due! Love you.

Denise said...

I was sitting in the 3rd row and then he just walked on and was standing there talking to a flight crew member

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun catching up with you D! Mendocino looks beautiful, and it seems like you guys had a great time. Oh, and Lynette seriously looks like Jennifer Aniston in that picture!

Miriam Oh Painter said...

looks like a lot fun! So glad you had a good time! it looked cold!

Jessica said...

denise, don't open the comment from the security center! I have heard there are virus's going around. I know Erica got one from a comment left by someone she did not know after she opened it!

change the prefrences on your blog to where people have to be invited to view or where they have to type in the code to leave a post.

Chris, Erica, Avva, & Alle Kinnersley said...

I know what you mean about the big stomach. I swear you baloon out so much faster on the 2nd- guess that is because our poor bellies have already been stretched out from the first kids. Congrats! Awesome you saw jess too- chris ran into him at the airport.