Friday, April 25, 2008

A supreme lunch date

I wish I'd had my camera with me today to show the maximum cuteness of the tiny hands and mouth gorging on this thing but this pic I grabbed from google will have to suffice. Seriously, lunch dates with friends is a staple for me, a habit I will never give up because it's just one of my favorite things to do. But I have to say, lunch dates with Kimball are increasingly more fun all the time, if I take him to the right place of course. We took a routine trip to Costco today and I promised Kimball that afterward we'd get a BIG hot dog. BIG was the key word that excited him. Now most of us know, that even if hot dogs gross you out (which is just weird to me) EVERYONE loves the Costco hot dog. And if you don't, you're missing out and you need to double check your taste buds. Not to mention the fact that the hot dog and drink total a whopping $1.50. But this is all beside the point, my point is, my 2 year old is my most hilarious and entertaining friend. We had so much fun eating our hot dogs today, he had to comment on everyone and everything around him while happily chomping away and occasionally sipping on his lemonade. He was making everyone around him laugh by flirting with them and then started fake burping so that he could say "excuse me" over and over and then start laughing. I should have stopped him, and sort of tried, but it was really funny. He's just such a little boy now, I love being able to have conversations with him and laugh with him, if anyone wants to join us for a fun lunch date at Costco, I'm sure we'll have many more to come!

2 comments:

Kate, Brian and Hazel said...

Our lunch dates consist of throwing food, eating crayons, dumping water and not eating a single bite of actual food. Wanna come??? Although, last time we were at Costco, Hazel did inhale an entire hot dog. I agree those are some tasty dogs!

Jessica said...

Now after having a child, I know why my mom cried ALL day after she dropped her kindergartner off at school on the first day.


they really are you little sidekick!