Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sizin' up the gorilla

Wow Kimo, you're almost the size of that crazy gorilla! Well I figure our first family trip to the zoo is quite the epitome of a cute little family blog post, the kind that makes single people bored out of their mind, so here it is ;) Kimball was fascinated with everything from the giraffes and elephants to the tiny cricket that escaped the tortoise habitat.







Kimball's great big tiger "ROAR!"








A funny story about this rare white alligator, the ghost of the bayou. As we were waiting in line in this super hot and sticky atrium to see this guy (who appears more green in the pic) there were two little boys behind us in line. They were observing "the ghost" that was not moving an inch the whole time and finally said to their dad, "He's just a statue dad, he's not even real." The dad replied, "We wouldn't wait in line to see a statue, I promise he's real." "Well fine, then he's DEAD," confirmed the little boy. So I was reading Kimball a book last night that had an alligator in it which in the past he's always narrated correctly but what did he say this time? "Mommy look, (pointing to the alligator) DEAD!"

6 comments:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

so cute! he's getting so big! and so are you!

Sunny said...

Hey, I bought a pass to the zoo, so any time you want to go - we're game! What a funny story about the alligator, he is so observant!

Jessica said...

I don't know if in all of my years of visiting the zoo if I EVER seen any of the aligators move!

It was fun to hang out with you and kimball last week. When you find out that you are having a girl, :) I will let you know more info about Sarah's bows.

I have to get out there before we leave for FL this week.
I am going to buy a pass to Hogle as well, so we will have to go.

Kate, Brian and Hazel said...

Dree just told me that you are preggers....congrats!!! That is probably why i didn't see you at the half marathon last weekend...i was looking for you. Hope you are feeling good:)

Rani said...

Dang you have alligators at your zoo!! Too cool, ya anytime you guys want to come to Boise and see the deers and cows hanging out at the zoo, give me a call!

Kimball is cute as always!

f*bomb. said...

How smart are kids!?!?
He's right, you know. If something were dead and in water, it would turn white and be very, very still.