Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Prayer of a Toddler

Kimball has been cracking us up lately. We always go in his room and say prayers after his bath at night and about every other night he decides he wants to say the prayer. It is so funny and cute that I must quote a couple of the most recent before I forget them:

verbatim:

"Heavenly Father, thank you nice day, thank you mommy, kimo, daddy, nantou, milk?, fishy. Blessings broken kitty cat tail. Dragons, dinosaurs - GO AWAY!!! Amen"
(The kitty cat thing is so random, he had accidentally torn the tail off of a cat sticker earlier that morning and apparently the well being of this cat had been concerning him all day!)

"Heavenly Father, thank you Jesus, milk, books, Nantou. Blessings cows, pigs, farmers. Amen."
The greatest part of this is that we hadn't been to any petting zoos that day or anything of the sort and quite frankly I didn't realize he knew that a farmer was associated with these animals! so cute!

7 comments:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i'm going start saying my prayers that way. If you think about it, he's all about being grateful!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!! So cute! I am laughing so hard right now, just picturing him all serious and saying a prayer for milk. Seriously, he gets cuter every day.

Kara said...

Very cute, and I love the buzz cut. Congrats on expecting a girl! How exciting!

Barbie said...

Oh that is the sweetest thing. Good job writing it down...you're inspiring me to do the same, although I dont' think Ethan's prayers are nearly that advanced. Way to go Kimball! So I see you relented and let Erik buzz little Oh. Looks cute...I'm debating doing the same for E-boss, but I just don't know what a large noggin like his will look like sans hair...

The Cliftens said...

Hilarious!

Jessica said...

Too cute again Kimo!I love hearing kids random innocent prayers. I say prayers with Maren at night, and the last time my catholic huband put her to bed, he said, whenever I try to say prayers with her she gets mad. Well, he was not saying them the same way mom was, so we had to give him a quick lesson and they are great!

Becky said...

Hilarious