Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Aloha Pres. & Sis. Kim!

So President and Sister Kim (who I served under) in Taiwan, were out from Hawaii this past week so we had a mini mission reunion/mtg Sunday night to get together with those who are in the area and start spreading the word and building a committee for our big 10 year reunion that will take place in April of 2010. At Christmas time of 2000 our whole mission had a 2 day retreat in an amazingly beautiful tropic area of Taiwan called Xitou. President Kim had then asked us to all contribute our personal goals and future goals for the mission itself and bury them in a time capsule where we would then open it 10 years later. I think we put a bunch of other stuff with it too but I don't remember what. So anyhow, he will open our cute little time capsule at that reunion and wants to have as many missionaries as possible there so for those of you I served with who read the blog, start planning on attending and spread the word. Above is a picture we took of some of the group on Sunday night: Amy, Dallas and Jeannelle: maybe you will recognize some of these people, a lot of them served in Pres. Kim's early days so I wasn't as familiar with those who showed. Not to mention it seemed like everyone had like 3 kids which was totally crazy to me, my basement was a total war zone!!!

So this was my first time meeting one of President Kim's daughters, Lorinda. She and her husband live here in Utah so they came along to be with the fam. She is a Korean/Hawaiian/Chinese mix and her husband is a whitey like me. Her 3 year old Kai was just an older version of Kimball in every sense of the word and it was totally freaking us out. They were instantly best friends and Kimball was even sharing all of his toys with him so he must have REALLY liked him!!!


So this was hilarious. Sister Kim was trying to get a family picture of her daughter and everyone agreed their family just wasn't complete without Kimball. They even joked about sending it out as a Christmas card this year to see what people would say. So sad that my little boy looks like he fits in another family all too well!!

We thought we didn't look too bad with 2 boys ourselves, we may have to double check that ultrasound! (I think their little guy had already squirmed away by this point).
Anyhow, good times, looking forward to reuniting with more elders and sisters in 2010!

2 comments:

jeanelle said...

yeah I didn't recognise anyone - except syd and rian i think. fingers crossed we cna make it to 2010.

Andrews Family said...

How fun...I really wish that I could have been there! You are awesome for hosting it! I actually recognize a few of the people(don't ask me their names though-I'm horrible). Your son and Pres. Kim's grandson are adorable! I bet that was fun! I'm looking forward to 2010!