Monday, July 28, 2008

Who Petty?

I used to just sing whatever songs to Kimball at night before bed and he would gladly listen to anything. Lately I have been the singing subject of his requests as he now loves to sing along with me. Last night he cut me off in the middle of "twinkle star" and said "no mommy, sun sun sun." I thought he meant "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" so I started singing that and he got very irritated. "No Mommy, sun sun sun song!" Clueless at this point, I broke into "Here Comes the Sun" by Tom Petty. He intently listened and then excitedly asked,
"What's that Mommy?"
"Tom Petty," I replied.
"More sun petty, more sun petty!"
-okay I had this song in my head again this morning and not sure why I said Tom Petty? Beatles, Tom Petty, you know, just a couple eras off, wow, that's something my mom would have said. Well now I wonder if Kimball is in fact a Beatles fan, I better brush up on their music!

4 comments:

Miriam Oh Painter said...

i love him! i called this morning just talk to talk to the little guy, but you must have been off singing somewhere...i'll catch him later when he's not so busy.

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable! He has good taste in music. He'd probably enjoy this:
http://www.amazon.com/Bingo-Kids-Sing-Beatles-Hits/dp/B000QZUWIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1217353711&sr=8-1

Best Worst Movie said...

I wish I was your kid. I love your songs, I remember when we would sit out on our porch and you would sing your songs in different languages. That Kimball is adorable. What a lucky kid.

Rochelle said...

Denise! I am finally catching up on the blogs. So cute! And I love the Petty story...Denise! I have to laugh. The other night I used toner to remove my eye makeup and started using Dixon's toothbrush! I was just a little tired. So your comment wasn't purely out of being tired but thats what I like to blame mine on. So excited for you and the new babe on the way!