Saturday, July 19, 2008

Catching Up

Last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of visiting here with the Winter family. Dad and Connie were up in Park City last week for their grand daughter Calista's softball tournament and my mom was in town staying with us this week. She brought my nieces Kaitlyn and Mikelle with her who stayed with their friends in Midway but luckily we got a tad bit of quality time with them, Kimball adores all his cousins. It was good for Kimo and Grandma to have quality time alone together without the distraction of other cousins though, this was the first time in over a year! Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of Grandma and Kimo cause the first night Mom was here I left my camera in the grass (after running to pick up Kimball from a bad collision with another kid) and didn't find it until 2 days later, after the sprinklers had run of course. Luckily my memory card did save what I already had taken but my camera is no longer alive, it was on it's last leg anyway as you can see my picture quality has been slowly digressing.Papa and Kimo bug hunting. Notice Kimball's very important tool tightly clutched; behold, the magnifying glass. You carry lip gloss and a compact in your purse? I carry plastic dinosaurs, cars, magnifying glasses, you know, the usual.Papa teaching Kimo a little sum'n about baseball...
We went up to the Olympic Park to watch the U.S. ski team practice their freestyle aerials, this was very impressive and looked way too fun. Kimball's little buddy is Connie's daughter Heather's little boy who is also named Kimball. Yes, I know, we are both apparently proud of this family name though Heather and I come from separate Kimball lines.


This is crazy cool. Too bad that the only thing that could come out of my mouth in a moment of awe was "oh wow, holy cow" - I just sound so stupidI always thought that Kimo's first chairlift ride would be with mommy over beautiful snow covered ground with a pair of some sweet little toddler rossi's slapped on his feet but heading up with Papa to cruise down the mountain on the alpine slide is still pretty cool I suppose...Dad said Kimball had a great time flying down. And as much as life has no good room for lies, pretending Kimball was 3 years of age was so worth it, if only I could have pretended that was just a pillow under my shirt too.

A stroll down Main St. after a dip in the pool. Kimo wore floaties for his first time (since the public pools don't allow them) and he was so cute trying to swim with them all by himself, I wish we could practice with them more often. I think Connie got pics of it.
Treats from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. And whoever said women were the ones so crazy for chocolate, they all look pretty concentrated on that bite if you ask me.Who better to share your chocolate with than Papa?
First night Grandma was in town, wish we could have captured more on camera but so it goes...

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I didn't realize you went back up. How fun! Do you like the chocolate marshmellows? We got those the day before. Much better than ice cream. Cute pics. Too bad we didn't overlap much in PC.